At Ashford Homes, we are always looking for talented individuals to join our hardworking and friendly team.
You can view our current vacancies below or send over your CV and we’ll let you know if any suitable opportunities become available.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architectural Technician to join our growing team of dedicated professionals, reporting to the Senior CAD Manager.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about producing quality work. Working from our purpose-built state of the art office in Bradford on Avon, we have unrivalled facilities including onsite parking, gym including changing and shower facilities and only a short walk into the centre of town.
Skills and abilities include:
- Knowledge of current building regulations.
- Knowledge of NHBC/LABC standards.
- Experience of residential new build projects.
- Experience of planning submissions.
- Experience of measured surveys.
- Experience preferred of listed buildings projects.
- Experience preferred of renovation projects.
- Experience preferred of commercial projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Duties will include:
- Producing detailed drawings for construction issue.
- Producing building regulation packs, submission and monitoring.
- Producing concept development drawings and following this through to planning submission.
- Conversion of external architect’s drawings to our CAD standards, to ensure our specific details are consistent and certain information is included.
- Liaising with external consultants.
- Liaising with civil and structural engineers.
- Amending and updating drawings to as built issue.
- Producing and maintaining a drawing register of all drawings produced.
- Production of marketing plans.
- Production of floor area summary spreadsheets, to be used for sales specifications.
- Production of door and window schedules into MS Excel from drawings.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter below.