This is a great opportunity for an up and coming Quantity Surveyor to progress their career with an established and award-winning regional developer. The successful candidate will have 2-3 years experience with a housing developer or building contractor and will work alongside our Commercial Manager and Purchasing Manager.
Skills and abilities will include:
- General computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project.
- Reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of traditional masonry construction.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with a cheerful outlook whilst maintaining the highest standards.
- Willing to learn and develop knowledge
- Suitable qualifications or current ongoing studies.
- Full clean driving licence.
Duties will include:
- Support the Commercial Team.
- Monitor and manage resource allocations to ensure budgets are not exceeded.
- Issue and collate received tender packages to provide best value analysis.
- Perform sub-contract account administration duties.
- Liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure that financial information is received in a timely manner.
- Work with the construction team to raise purchase/subcontractor orders and payments.
- Attend site meetings with the construction team and assist in ensuring site works are proceeding as expected to agreed works packages.
- Be prepared to challenge situations to ensure best value is being provided to the company.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Nest pension scheme.
- State of the art facilities.
- Free office gym.
- Walking distance to Bradford on Avon town centre.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com