Ashford Homes is looking for an experienced Architectural Technician to join our growing team of dedicated professionals. We are on the hunt for someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about producing quality detailed technical design work. Working from our purpose-built state of the art office in Bradford on Avon, we have unrivalled facilities including on-site parking, gym including changing room and shower facilities, located just a short walk from the centre of town.
Supporting the Technical Manager, duties will include:
- Working to key project milestones to produce detailed drawings to support planning condition discharge, Building Regs submissions and tender/construction issue.
- Collating, submitting and monitoring Building Regulation applications.
- Converting external architects’ drawings to our CAD standards and incorporating Ashford standard details are consistent and certain information is included.
- Liaising with external consultants, including civil and structural engineers
- Liaising with material suppliers to ensure key material components are compatible with planning permission, Building Regulations, LABC Technical Manual and Ashford design and specification.
- Project administration relevant to the role, including producing material schedules and document control.
- Producing presentation quality drawings to accurately represent the finished dwelling for use within our marketing department.
Skills and abilities required:
- A minimum of 5 years experience within the residential sector (1-50 units).
- A passion for detail and accuracy to ensure the delivery of high quality drawings.
- Excellent working knowledge of current Building Regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of NHBC/LABC technical standards, particularly relating to residential construction.
- Experience of producing drawing packages for planning submissions.
- Knowledge of measured surveys.
- Knowledge preferred of listed buildings projects.
- Knowledge preferred of renovation projects.
- Knowledge preferred of commercial projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software to a high standard.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00 (16:00 finish on Friday) with one hour for lunch.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Nest pension scheme
- State of the art facilities.
- Onsite parking.
- Free office gym.
- Walking distance to Bradford on Avon town centre and train station.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com